Helping your child to nod off to dreamland!
Sleep is as fundamental to our health as food and water. In fact, not getting enough sleep has a big impact on our productivity, behaviour and thus our quality of life.1
According to the Public Health of Canada recent data on sleep, 1 in 4 Canadian children are not getting enough sleep. Insufficient sleep impacts how a child feels, behaves and interacts and leads to hyperactivity (17.2%) stress (21.5%) and poor mental health (11.2%). Good sleep is a part of a healthy lifestyle and helps to achieve physical health and well-being.2
How much sleep do babies and kids need?
An array of factors can influence the proper amount of sleep for babies and kids, but it is recommended that the hours of sleep, including at night and during naps vary from 14 to 17 hours for Newborn up to school-aged children, 9 to 11 hours.3
Good practices that promote sleep
- Create the Best Possible Environment
To promote sleep, moms and dads can create a favourable environment for their child. Here are a few tips that are very easy to apply, while being patient, as this does not necessarily work from the first night:
- Air the room for 15 minutes, if possible, even in winter and check the room temperature (ideally, between 18 and 20 degrees).
- Poor a bath for your child. It promotes relaxation and at bedtime, make sure your child has his cuddly toy and/or something comforting to avoid a drama.
- Abandon screen-times before bedtime.
- Read a bedtime story and add a nightlight in your child’s room, if necessary to reassure and calm your child.
- Do not put your child to bed in the parental bed unless he is ill or sleeping in an unusual place.
- Respect your child’s biological clock ritual.
What if your child is experiencing occasional mild sleeping disorders?
Give Quietude a try! This homeopathic medicine from Boiron relieves mild sleeping disorders (nightmares, night terrors and occasional sleeplessness), irritability and restlessness associated with nervousness. Available in drinkable unit-doses for children from 6 months to 11 years old, containing no sugar, dyes or preservatives, Quiétude does not cause addiction or drowsiness and is also available in a 90 quick dissolving tablets format for adults starting from 6 years old.
al information, visit the link: https://www.boironca.dreamhosters.com/en/shop/specialties/quietude/
*This homeopathic medicine may not be suitable for everyone. Always read and follow the label.