Founded over 200 years ago by a German physician named Samuel Hahnemann, it is now used by 300 million people worldwide. 1,2
HOMEOPATHY, ANOTHER WAY TO TREAT YOURSELF
Homeopathy: more than a medicine, a system of care
Homeopathic therapy is recognized by the World Health Organization (WHO) as a system of care. It involves homeopathic medicines, healthcare professionals and a philosophy of care based on several principles:
- The efficacy and safety of homeopathic medicines
- The patient as a player in his or her own health
- Comprehensive patient care
- And an individualized, personalized approach to care
Homeopathic treatments for everyone, an individualized therapy
Homeopathic solutions can generally be used by everyone, and are often the safest choice, especially for those most at risk, such as young babies, pregnant women or people on multiple medications.
Homeopathy is an “individualized” therapy, since it considers each individual as unique, taking into account his or her individual reaction. Every homeopathic treatment, even at symptomatic level, can therefore be personalized.
A therapy that respects the body
Homeopathic therapy is not “anti”. Homeopathic treatment does not run counter to physiological phenomena. On the contrary, it accompanies them. At the same time, it responds to the growing demand for naturalness on the part of patients: respect for physiology, absence of chemical molecules in weighted doses and absence of toxic effects on the organism.
It is one of the safest therapies available.
Proven efficacy in numerous clinical studies
Numerous homeopathic research studies have demonstrated the benefits and efficacy of homeopathy. There are over 13,4003 articles on homeopathy, including more than 9,500 clinical studies. Basic studies (plant, animal and in-vitro) and pharmaco-epidemiological studies are also published.
A response to public health challenges
One of the safest and most reliable therapies for patients, homeopathy also meets the major public health challenges defined by the World Health Organization.
- It can be used as a preventive treatment for numerous pathologies.
- It helps combat antibiotic resistance.
- It is unlikely to cause drug interactions, and is suitable for polymedicated patients.
- It limits drug overconsumption.
Respectful of the individual, homeopathy is also a responsible choice for the community.
INTEGRATIVE, HUMAN-CENTRED MEDICINE
Integrative medicine, the medicine that brings all medicines together
Today, health is defined not just as the absence of disease, but as a complete state of physical, mental and social well-being. Medicine must evolve towards an approach focused on the individual, thanks to personalized care. In synergy with conventional medicine, complementary approaches are increasingly used throughout the world. They respond to the need to care for patients in addition to treating them.
In this context, integrative medicine represents the natural evolution of the medical model. This concept brings together conventional and complementary medicine in a coordinated approach. Integrative medicine is evidence-based in terms of the efficacy and safety of the proposed methods. Furthermore, it considers each patient to be unique. They are the actors in their own health. Their lifestyle, diet, physical activity and well-being are taken into account, as are their culture and beliefs.
Homeopathy, an integrative medicine therapeutic approach
Homeopathy is the embodiment of integrative medicine, as it shares its principles and model of care. It is part of complementary medicine. It helps patients to improve their quality of life, while empowering them to take charge of their own health. Homeopathy corresponds to both the need to treat, the “CURE”, and the need to care, the “CARE”.
Below is the english version of the full article that appeared in the Fall 2022 issue of Mieux-Être magazine. At a time when the Quebec health care system is undergoing a priority reform, considering the philosophy of the Integrative Health concept no longer seems so surprising: the consumer of health care is and will be
Homeopathy to relieve many symptoms
Homeopathy is also often used to meet a medical need not adequately covered by allopathic treatments. This is the case for fatigue, persistent nausea, anxiety, sadness and peripheral neuropathy. These orphan symptoms are reported by patients to be improved by homeopathy in over 80% of cases4.
- B. Poitevin, WHO Policy and Practice, Integrating homoeopathy in health systems, 1999 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2557606/
- World Health Report, WHO Global Atlas of Traditional, Complementary and Alternative Medicine, Map Volume, 2005.
- Nombre d’articles portant sur l’homéopathie recensés sur la base de données biomédicale générale exhaustive (EMBASE) qui comprend les articles de Pubmed et de Science direct publiés depuis 1945 jusqu’à fin 2018.
- Legrand A. Etude de la prévalence de l’utilisation des médecines complémentaires par les patients atteints de cancer : à partir de 535 questionnaires recueillis d’avril à juin 2017 à Strasbourg. Thèse de médecine 2018
Subscribe and get 15% off
Sign up for our newsletter to receive healthy tips and special offers!