7 Tips for a Stress-Free Holiday
It’s the most wonderful (read: stressful) time of the year!
While the holidays are supposed to be a time to relax and create lasting memories with loved ones, it can be hard to enjoy that quality time when you have an endless list of tasks to complete: working, cleaning, cooking, shopping, entertaining… Shall we go on?
Feeling stressed from time to time is completely normal, especially during the holiday season. This is why it’s important to know your own limits, to listen your body and to take a moment to pause before getting overwhelmed.
Here are a few simple lifestyle tips that can help you relieve stress:
- Relax. Get informed about relaxation, meditation and visualization techniques or try a yoga or meditation class in your area to help find your zen.
- Breathe. Take long, deep breaths when you are feeling stressed to help calm yourself down. Try practising different breathing exercises to find out which one is best for you.
- Sleep. Not getting enough sleep can reduce your ability to fight stress. Maintain a consistent sleep schedule (even on weekends).
- Prioritize. Organize your day according to your list of priorities to ensure that you are managing your time efficiently. Can’t do it all? Learn to delegate and let go.
- Eat. Ensure healthy eating habits by taking the time to eat a well-balanced diet. Your body needs energy to face and manage stress, so eat up!
- Get active. Take part in a physical activity on a regular basis to release endorphins. If possible, go outside to get a healthy dose of vitamin D from the sun (yes, even in the winter!).
- Stay positive. Keep a positive attitude and remember to put things into perspective. Tomorrow is a new day!
Sédatil: A homeopathic solution for stress-related symptoms!
Keep your medicine cabinet stocked with Sédatil this holiday to help you cope with emotional stress. This over-the-counter homeopathic medicine alleviates nervousness, hypersensitivity and irritability due to stress.
Happy Holidays everybody!
This homeopathic medicine may not be right for everyone. Always read and follow the label.