5 Tips to Help Recover After Workout
Exercising allows the body to release endorphins which trigger a positive feeling in the body by interacting with the brain’s perception of pain. That post-workout high is an amazing feeling that can quickly turn sour once you are hit with body aches, cramping and muscle fatigue.
To get you back on track with your body and workout regimen, here are our tips to help your post-workout recovery:
- Stay hydrated. Drinking water throughout the day and drinking sports drinks during exercise is crucial to prevent dehydration, electrolyte loss and muscle fatigue.
- Stretch your muscles before and after any exercise to reduce body aches.
- Take a warm shower or bath (unless you suffer from chronic venous insufficiency or varicose veins).
- Rest your muscles for 24 to 48 hours before exercising again.
- Try a homeopathic medicine like Arnicare Sport that helps relieve muscular soreness, cramping and fatigue following a physical workout or overexertion.
And always remember to listen to your body and respect your personal limitations in order to avoid more serious injuries.
This homeopathic medicine may not be right for everyone. Always read and follow the label.