Sleep is as fundamental to our health as food and water. In fact, not getting enough sleep has a big impact on our productivity, behaviour and thus our quality of life.
Research indicates that most school-aged children need approximately 10 hours of sleep every night. But as we all know, this can sometimes be difficult to achieve especially when they need to adjust to a new schedule for back to school.
Luckily, we’ve got you covered with 5 tips to help your child sleep better this back-to-school season:
- Establish a bedtime ritual and sleep habits: pyjamas, reading a story, cuddling, singing, etc.
- Create a smooth transition from the bustle of the day to the quiet of the night: dim the lights and lower your voice.
- Make sure your child exercises regularly.
- Provide balanced and healthy meals.
- Find a regular sleep schedule and stick to a fixed bedtime (even on weekends).
What if your child is experiencing occasional mild sleeping disorders?
Give Quietude a try! This homeopathic medicine relieves mild sleeping disorders (nightmares, night terrors and occasional sleeplessness), irritability and restlessness associated with nervousness. Available in drinkable unit-doses, Quietude does not contain any sugar, dyes or preservatives.
This homeopathic medicine may not be right for everyone. Always read and follow the label.