Much to our chagrin, the cooler temperatures seem to bring with them an onset of the common cold.
However, did you know that colds are not due to the change in temperature but rather a virus?
Most of the colds that occur in the spring and the fall are due in particular to rhinoviruses.
The first symptoms to appear are normally a scratchy or sore throat or discomfort in the nose, followed by sneezing, a runny nose, a cough, and finally a general feeling of illness.
So what can you do when these symptoms occur?
Here are a couple of tips to help you fight off a cold:
- Moisten the mucous membranes with a saline solution regularly.
- Stay hydrated and drink hot beverages to help liquefy the excess mucus that impairs breathing.
- Air out the rooms in your house daily.
- Keep the room temperature at 19°C and the humidity at 55%.
- Try a homeopathic medicine like Coryzalia for colds & cold symptoms such as nasal congestion, runny nose, sneezing and rhinitis (acute, recurrent, infectious or allergic).* Coryzalia is available in the form of drinkable unit-doses and as tablets.
But what if you have a cold AND a cough?
Think of Stodal multi-symptom! This homeopathic syrup for cold and cough symptoms can be taken by adults and children starting from 1 year old.*
And most importantly, remember to get plenty of rest! No excuses (we’re looking at you, Mom and Dad!).
*This claim is based on traditional homeopathic references and not modern scientific evidence.
These homeopathic medicines may not be right for everyone. Always read and follow the label.