Cough: 5 Reflexes to Adopt Right Now
While a cough may be unpleasant and annoying for most in their daily lives, its function is rather important as it constitutes one of the body’s defense mechanisms by protecting the lungs from particles that have been inhaled.
Coughs normally occur when the airways are irritated in order to clear them of foreign material.
Just like coughing is one of the body’s natural reflexes, here are some reflexes that you should (naturally) adopt in case of cough:
- Gargle at least once every hour with 1 tsp (5 g) of salt dissolved in 240 ml (8 oz) of warm water.
- Moisten the air to prevent further irritation of mucous membranes. The humidity in the room should be kept at 55%.
- Stay hydrated: Drink water and hot beverages with lemon and honey.
- Elevate the head of your bed in case of nocturnal coughing.
- Take Stodal as soon as a dry or wet cough occurs*. This homeopathic syrup is available for children and adults.
In the same vein, here are a couple of good habits to adopt in order to prevent the spread of germs:
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water.
Did you know?
Cough is one of the most common reasons people see a doctor.
*This claim is based on traditional homeopathic references, not modern scientific evidence.
This homeopathic medicine may not be right for everyone. Always read and follow the label.